Wednesday 31 August 2011

Day 4 and my blog has no followers!!

Oh well, who wants to read about some griping windge-bag and his injuries anyway? I guess everyone's gone to twitter; blogging's so last week!

Seriously though, when I was looking for information on shoulder conditions, I was interested in outcomes. I wanted to read about people who had recovered, not folks who were in the middle of a painful episode of physio three weeks after surgery. Humans are optimistic like that :-)

If you're reading this, you're probably faced with a choice of whether to have a tenodesis or a tenotomy. You can Google what that is if you don't know but there is trade off between the two and I hope my experience helps you to understand this trade-off better.

Tenodesis
- longer and more painful recovery
- marginally stronger bicep
- minimal cosmetic changes

Tenotomy
- shorter and less painful recover
- marginally weaker bicep
- 'Popeye' looking bicep

I aim to share with you whether there are any other issues with a tenodesis. Like I said, there is little information about this online and now that I am living with one, I'll be sure to let you know what it's like.

Stay tuned :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment